This task is not always easy to set up, especially if you do not know where to start; but it is nevertheless indispensable. Indeed, when you proceed to an optimal industrial public storage Fremont, it is the whole operation of your warehouse that will improve; your logistics flows will be more fluid and the handling easier.
Characteristics of Each References
Before you even begin to organize your goods or products, it is necessary to classify them by:
- Nature: Is it a gaseous, solid or liquid product?
- Conditioning: how are your references conditioned? Are they placed in a pallet, a rack, a can, a storage locker or a drum?
- Characteristics: what are its dimensions, weight and volume?
- Environmental conditions: some are more sensitive than others to heat, humidity, vibration or light.
These elements will allow you to get an idea of the best way to organize your goods. In fact, bulk and unpack-aged liquid goods do not require the same storage method as weather-sensitive goods for example.
Choose a Storage System or Solution
Once you have determined all the characteristics of your stored references, you will now be able to move to the stage of choosing the storage solution according to your needs. It is essential to choose quality storage equipment that will last long enough to make your investment profitable.
To do this, the following should be taken into account:
- The rotation of your references: indeed, if for example your references have a low rotation rate, it would be better to opt for a storage system such as pallet racking by accumulation.
- Their perish-ability: For companies that stock food products, dynamic pallet racking is often what suits them best.
- Your type of warehouse: is it a cold storage, traditional or even a messenger?
- Your objectives: If you are thinking about whether or not to automate your warehouse, for example, evaluate all automated storage methods by listing the pros and cons.
In order to choose the right storage solution, it is essential to define all these elements. This will help keep your organization safe and functioning.
Reference Racks, Shelves, Containers
Each of these elements is an integral part of your warehouse, so they must be referenced before any storage process. This system is essential to ensure proper monitoring of equipment and not just goods. In this way, you can reference the equipment by separating it into different categories such as racks, shelves, containers, devils, etc.
Perform Regular Maintenance
To keep your warehouse perfectly organized, periodic inspection and maintenance of your storage solutions is necessary. The maintenance of your equipment will help you to keep your goods in good storage conditions and thus prevent damage or accidents.