The Climate controlled storage units near you are designed to store things that are sensitive to temperature such as electrical appliances, woven items, wood, leather, paper materials, etc. In summary, these storage units are beneficial for areas with extreme weather conditions.
As the name suggests, these units provide a controlled temperature environment for stored items, protecting them from wind, dust, rain, snow, mold, mildew, deformation, and rising and falling mercury levels. The temperature is maintained at 50-70 degrees. They also prevent the infestation of mice, termites, etc. Being a self-storage unit, it would be its sole owner, responsible for packing and unpacking things, with access to the unit at any point of time. The storage units vary in size depending on the items that are to be stored. There are mainly three types:
Climate Controlled Mini Storage
The climate controlled mini memory drives are suitable for storing important tax files, paper documents, old books and magazines. Clothing, skins and fine bedding can also be kept in these storage units. Valuable collections of stamps and baseball cards, albums and photographs, antiques, gifts and display pieces, medical and pharmaceutical products are among the other things that can be protected in these storage units. Among the less common items that can be stored in these units are music discs, audio-video tapes, legal records, and other business items.
Medium-sized climate controlled storage, units The medium-sized climate controlled storage are good for storing equipment such as computers and computer parts, electrical appliances, furniture made of wood or leather, expensive art, such as oil paintings, artifacts and the different tools and machines. Audio and video equipment, such as stereo systems and televisions or radios can also be protected from the adverse effects of climate change by storing them in these units. Music lovers can protect their musical instruments made of wood such as guitars, pianos, violins, etc., keeping them in a climate controlled environment.
Climate controlled storage with a relatively large size; Items such as building materials, large metal products, automobiles, bicycles and other vehicles that are vulnerable to rust can be stored in these extra-large units. Refrigerators, large mattresses or carpets, and even boats can be kept safe in these storage units.
Consider Storage with Climate Controlled?
Weather controlled storage is the ideal choice for all storage needs, but is more necessary for some particular items. These include:
- Furniture - Wooden furniture can dry, shrink or even break if the unit is allowed to be too cold or swollen and deform at high temperatures. Upholstered furniture is prone to mold if kept at high temperatures for a long period of time.
- Electronics - Everyone loves their electronics. If you ever have to store any of your electronic equipment, storage with climate control will help you take care of the delicate articles of extreme temperatures. This also includes all appliances.
- Art - Paintings, drawings and photographs are particularly prone to damage caused by exposure to excessively hot, dry, cold or humid air. Stamps, sports card and comic book collections are also things to keep in a climate controlled storage unit.
- Musical instruments - Fine music is best performed with well-preserved instruments. Climate controlled storage will help prevent deformation, cracking and rotting of your instruments.
- Documents - Records of records and documents are often irreplaceable. One of the biggest enemies of stored paper is its atmosphere. Too much moisture rots the paper. Very little moisture causes the impression to fade. Stored records are best maintained in areas where a consistent and moderate environment can be maintained.
- Textiles - Clothing in general and bedding are among the most commonly stored items. Storage makes it easy to free space in your home by allowing you to store clothing that is not in season, as well as blankets and quilts to remove when necessary. Make sure that these items are not exposed to extreme temperature changes by renting storage with climate control